Monday, 26 September 2011

Sally Bowles

 I just finished reading this, The Berlin Stories. I mean after watching A Single Man, and being a long time fan of the film Cabaret, I thought I should go straight to the source of both these tales, author Christopher Isherwood. It took me a while to become accustomed to his style, a bit voyeuristic and heady, but I'm hooked, I want to read everything he's written. 




Then I got carried away googling images of Liza Minelli as Sally Bowles. Divine decadence.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, I have just downloaded Cabaret and as I am at home sick, Im going to indulge. Ol' chum.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was homesick!! that would mean I would be somewhere exotic, drinking mai tai's and getting massaged by some nubile South American pool attendant. No, I am literally at home with the flu. Home and sick. Boo.

    ReplyDelete