Thursday, 4 July 2013

Keaton Trousers

I love a bit of androgynous dressing, its so sexy to me. Maybe it's my penchant for old fashioned dyke styling. Anyway, I knew I wanted to make some super traditional masculine pleat front tailored trousers for the winter collection. It wasn't until after I'd made them that I went back and found all my favourite reference images. Here are a few.
Lauren Bacall, Katharine Hepburn, Diane Keaton, Marlene Dietrich, Janelle Monae, all know how to don a pair of trousers with feminine charm. 

Though it's women like author Raddclyfe Hall (above) and entertainer Gladys Bentley (below) who really blow me away. 


I'm wearing my new trousers with crepe soled brothel creepers, a skivvy and a knitted waistcoat.
Keaton trousers are on the rack and ready for sale now in my shop Edgeley.  

1 comment:

  1. Meatball Marnell5:05 pm, July 04, 2013

    'It's been a terrific year for the trans-seasonal trouser.' – Patsy Stone

    ReplyDelete